When most people think of Canadian immigration, they are thinking about obtaining permanent residence in one of Canada’s ten provinces or three territories.

Applications for permanent residence generally fall into the following categories:

  • Family Class (spouses, dependent children and parents/grandparents)
  • Economic Classes (Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs)
  • Refugees and Humanitarian and Compassionate applications.

Further details on the three main categories for permanent resident immigration programs can be found below.

Family Class

You may qualify for one of the Family Class categories if you

  • are married to or in a common law relationship with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
  • have a parent you wish to sponsor to come to Canada
  • wish to adopt a child in another country

Economic Classes

Provincial Nominee Programs

At IJW Immigration Solutions, we serve the Atlantic region (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland & Labrador) by nominating immigrants with the skills and circumstances that our provinces value and need. We have a number of excellent provincial nominee programs available.

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP)

The pilot helps employers in Atlantic Canada hire foreign skilled workers who want to immigrate to Atlantic Canada, as well as international graduates who want to stay in Atlantic Canada after they graduate.

Express Entry

Three federal skilled worker categories (Federal Skilled Workers, Federal Skilled Trades and Canada Experience Class) are eligible for processing through “Express Entry’. This provides the potential for faster processing but also requires an assessment, documentation (e.g. medical and police checks, a credential assessment and language test) as well as additional supporting forms. We provide knowledge and expertise to support successful applications through the multi-step Express Entry process.

Refugees and Humanitarian and Compassionate applications

Depending on circumstances, some people may apply while already living in Canada. These include refugees, those applying under humanitarian and compassionate grounds, spouses of Canadians and people who are here on valid (temporary) work permits.